Junior Sustainability Researcher and Consultant at GreenDeltaChange the world with us
Who we are, and what do we do
Based in Berlin (Germany), we had since the start of the company in 2004 the idea to combine data, tools, and smart methods for assessing the sustainability of products and “everything else” over the life cycle.
In the last years, therefore, we created technical support tools such as the format converter, an EPD editor, various web-based tools for non-experts, and the open source software openLCA for performing Life Cycle Assessments, which is now the world’s most widely used LCA software.
We created Nexus, the largest repository for LCA data, and PSILCA, a transparent database for social impacts over the life cycle, representing the entire world economy. We are working on the next generation of a data pool for environmental assessments over the life cycle. We are now preparing data for about 10 different companies who use life cycle data in their own systems, and work in several German, European and also North-American research projects to advance sustainability assessment, e.g. for hydrogen systems, in the building sector, for trading plastic recyclates, bringing principles of biology into industrial production processes, establishing a digital product pass, and more; we are providing training and support to users of openLCA, and not the least, we work with a growing number of companies to build up own teams for sustainability, and to evaluate, better understand, and ideally reduce the environmental and sustainability performance of products, from menstrual products to data centres to bike tires to wooden planks to electric components to wind farms.
Expect to meet people in a team that is mastering all aspects of sustainability, from data collection to database creation and harmonisation, to software development in sustainability, and that is also putting these elements to practical use, for clients and in projects worldwide.
Does this sound interesting to you?
A good fit?
- You are curious and intelligent,
- careful and somewhat bold at the same time,
- interested in the environment and sustainability,
- have an understanding for data and numbers,
- but also in language, communication and people.
- you want to achieve results,
- and contribute to spearheading developments in sustainability, for both small and really large
companies and organisations.
- a company caring for your specific needs (family, work location, and also specific interests),
- a fair and good (and to say the word: competitive) salary, with
- start-up atmosphere but solid finances and a long-term perspective.
About the position
As a consultant and researcher you will be involved in a range of exciting activities. The work with private clients ranges from LCA studies to the development of tools and solutions for their sustainability strategy. It is common to work closely with other colleagues from both the consultant team or the software development team.
Research, on the other hand, gives space for innovation. We work on big research projects with an international consortium as sustainability leaders.
Who do we look for?
For all of our positions, the actual past grades and specific education are less interesting than the person, as described before.
We are looking for someone that:
- is familiar with Life Cycle Assessment and related methods such as LCC and, to some extent,
- has an understanding of industrial processes and of environmental and chemical principles;
- has some experiences with LCA software and LCA databases;
- is able to understand scientific work,
- has a creative personality with a feeling for data, numbers and approaches;
- likes to work and interact with other people, and explore.
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence is an advantage.
- English is a prerequisite (mother tongue / C1), and German language an advantage.
How to apply?
The position is available as from January onwards.
We welcome applications of smart, open-minded, and team-oriented individuals who are interested in “becoming part of the story”, and part of an international, open, creative and yet dilligent team.
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter and a design portfolio (if you have one), to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Andreas Ciroth and Julia Cilleruelo Palomero (Please no recruitment agencies!)