Front End Software Developer at GreenDeltaGrow with us
Who we are, and what do we do
Based in Berlin (Germany), we had since the start of the company in 2004 the idea to combine data, tools, and smart methods for assessing the sustainability of products and “everything else” over the life cycle.
In the last years, therefore, we created technical support tools such as the format converter, an EPD editor, various web-based tools for non-experts, and the open source software openLCA for performing Life Cycle Assessments, which is now the world’s most widely used LCA software.
Expect to meet people in a team that is mastering all aspects of sustainability, from data collection to database creation and harmonisation, to software development in sustainability, and that is also putting these elements to practical use, for clients and in projects worldwide.
Does this sound interesting to you?
A good fit?
- You are curious and intelligent,
- careful and somewhat bold at the same time,
- interested in the environment and sustainability,
- have an understanding for data and numbers,
- but also in language, communication and people.
- you want to achieve results,
- and contribute to spearheading developments in sustainability, for both small and really large
companies and organisations.
- a company caring for your specific needs (family, work location, and also specific interests),
- a fair and good (and to say the word: competitive) salary, with
- start-up atmosphere but solid finances and a long-term perspective.
About the position
Software developers work on projects and tasks for either the openLCA project, IT-maintenance or consultancy and research projects. The work is dynamic and it is common to be switching from one activity to another.
We are looking for someone to work on our sustainability tool development for research and private projects.
Who do we look for?
For all of our positions, the actual past grades and specific education are less interesting than the person, as described before.
We are looking for someone that:
- Has practical experience in programming with at least 1 year developing production grade software.
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS and REST API.
- Basic knowledge of React and Git.
- Likes to keep the user interface clean, smart, and good looking.
- Is able to understand abstract systems and “get into them”, play around with them and modify
to their needs.
- Is fluent in English (>B1), another language is an advantage.
- Has capacity for self-management and self-learning
It would be nice if the applicant has:
- Typescript knowledge,
- Design knowledge, e.g. UX, Visual
- Docker knowledge,
How to apply?
The position is available as soon as possible.
We welcome applications of smart, open-minded, and team-oriented individuals who are interested in “becoming part of the story”, and part of an international, open, creative and yet dilligent team.
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Dr. Andreas Ciroth and Julia Cilleruelo Palomero (Please no recruitment agencies!)